New Apple MacBook Air 2018 & iPad Pro 2018 filtered

Last week, the well-known analyst of KGI Securities, Min-Chi Kuo, said that in the second quarter of this year, Apple would release a more affordable model of the MacBook. Now the other resource, traditionally referring to the information coming from the suppliers of components, has made a very important addition to the story.

New Apple MacBook Air 2018 & iPad Pro 2018 filtered

According to the source, the very same entry-level MacBook Air 2018 (it is believed to be the MacBook Air model) will cost about the same as the current MacBook Air model ($ 999), or even more expensive.

Apple initially planned to order displays at a more affordable price from Chinese suppliers, but as a result, due to some problems, the Chinese chose LG Display as its supplier. Incidentally, these will be a-Si LCDs with a diagonal of 13.3 inches with a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels.

Koreans should begin shipping the displays in April, and the assembly of the new MacBook Air 2018 is expected in late May or early June. And this time the basis of Apple’s manufacturing partner – Foxconn – received only 30% of orders, while the remaining 70% went to Quanta Computer.

Analyst Digitimes Research also notes that Apple expects to sell 4 million new laptops MacBook before the end of this year.

Also, the source claims that this year we are waiting for two more new iPad tablets. The first in the second quarter will be a new “inexpensive” model iPad 2018 with a screen size of 9.7 inches, and then in the second half of the year debuts a new model iPad Pro 2018.

In general, lately there have been rumors that Apple is planning more affordable models of its main products, did the Cupertino people decide to make appropriate changes in the strategy to increase sales of devices in quantitative terms. Well, it sounds like a plan on the paper, actual results will be out when Apple officially release a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *